Growing natural resource leaders who make a difference for Oregon.
Develop leaders who seek positive outcomes, economic vitality, and natural resource stewardship to enhance the quality of life for all Oregonians.
REAL Oregon is an annual leadership development program that exposes a cross- section of representatives from Oregon’s natural resources community to the diversity of Oregon’s geography, economy and cultures through training in:
- Board governance
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Government interaction and public policy
- Media relations
- Natural resource industries co-existence
- Professional presentation
- Public speaking
- Strength assessment
- Urban-rural relationship building
Class members visit five different locations across the state to gain leadership skills while gaining an in-depth understanding of the agriculture and natural resource sectors that define Oregon’s economy.
REAL Oregon begins in November and concludes in March the following year, with the leadership class meeting one time per month. Class members will spend 2.5 days in each of these locations.
Agricultural and natural resource producers and allied industry members are encouraged to apply. Applications will be available Spring 2017.
Session Dates & Locations
- Up to 30 participants to start
- Annual program with 5 weeks of study
- Participants learn about industries, geographies, markets, policy
- Participants develop media, presentation and analytic skills
- Conflict resolution and understanding the other side of an argument
- Networking and alumni organization is a key benefit
Class One Schedule
May 2017- Registration Open
July 28, 2017 – New Registration Closed Date
September 2017- Notify Applicants
November 14-16, 2017- Session 1 in Burns
December 12-14, 2017- Session 2 in Astoria
January 9-11, 2018 – Session 3 in Medford
February 6-8, 2018 – Session 4 in Salem
March 6-8, 2018 – Session 5 in Boardman