Growing natural resource leaders who make a difference for Oregon.
Develop leaders who seek positive outcomes, economic vitality, and natural resource stewardship to enhance the quality of life for all Oregonians.
REAL Oregon is an annual leadership development program that exposes a cross- section of representatives from Oregon’s natural resources community to the diversity of Oregon’s geography, economy and cultures through training in:
- Board governance
- Communication skills
- Strategic planning
- Conflict resolution
- Government interaction and public policy
- Media relations
- Natural resource industries co-existence
- Professional presentation
- Public speaking
- Strength assessment
- Urban-rural relationship building
Class members visit five different locations across the state to gain leadership skills and gain an in-depth understanding of the agriculture and natural resource sectors that define Oregon’s economy.
REAL Oregon begins in November and concludes in March the following year, with the leadership group meeting one time per month. Class members will spend approximately 2.5 days in each of these locations.
Agricultural and natural resource producers and allied industry members are encouraged to apply. Class size is limited to 30 participants. Applications are available here.
- Up to 30 participants per class
- Annual program with 5 weeks of study
- Participants learn about industries, geographies, markets, policy, and more
- Participants develop presentation and analytic skills
- Conflict resolution and understanding the other side of an argument
- Networking and an active alumni organization is a key benefit
Class 2 Draft Schedule
May 2018- Application Period Open
July 27, 2018 – Applilcation Period Closed
September 2018- Notify Applicants of Selection Results
November 5-8, 2018 – Session 1 in Ontario
December 11-13, 2018 – Session 2 in Roseburg
January 15-17, 2019 – Session 3 in Newport
February 12-14, 2019 – Session 4 in Boardman
March 11-14, 2019 – Session 5 in Salem